Thank you for everybody’s contributions to the bake sale, whether you baked for us, bought our baked goods, or simply turned up to show your support! We did very well this year and everything we make helps us fund our school and community initiatives over the next year. F W Howay has some fabulous bakers!
Supporting Safe, Inclusive & Welcoming School Cultures
The revamped erase website (expect respect and a safe education) is now launched.
Part of a provincial strategy for creating safe, inclusive and welcoming school cultures that support student learning and well-being, this Ministry web portal was created following extensive consultation with students, parents and educators.
The erase strategy has been expanded to address these complex issues and take a broader, cross-sector approach to:
- Improve information sharing within and between systems;
- Increase student safety; and
- Integrate mental health and sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) supports with a specific focus on parents and classroom teachers
- Valuable information and resources for students, parents and educators on topics such as online safety, mental health and well-being, bullying and violence, substance use and SOGI.
- An expanded Get Help section where students can access 24/7 phone and text lines as well as online chats if they, or someone they know, needs help.
- Students can access the updated erase Report It tool to send a direct message to their school or school district’s safe school coordinator for immediate response. All information is private and confidential.
To help promote awareness and use of the site by students and families, there is a promotion section that contains electronic tools such as logos, images and buttons. Check it out.
We encourage you to visit the site and see the changes for yourself and to share the links broadly within your parent community.
On this site you will find information pertaining to all PAC sponsored school events, meetings and fundraising. Use this site to keep up to date on school happenings and to provide feedback. All parents and guardians of students are part of the PAC – have suggestions, comments, community event notices or fundraising ideas? Want to volunteer, or have suggestions? Contact your PAC executive directly through our Contact form – we always want to hear from you!